The couples at our recent annual couples’ retreat were tremendously blessed and encouraged through the materials used – the newly released video conference by Family Life Ministries entitled The Art of Marriage. All are so enthusiastic about the material and convinced of the blessing that it can be to others that we made special plans to set up a Friday evening and Saturday just at the church when we can have another conference for as many couples as possible, both from inside and outside the church.
May 20 and 21 has been identified as the weekend for this! We have begun taking registrations for this weekend from interested couples – both married and engaged. A $40 registration fee will enable us to cover the books, plus some food.
Don't miss it!
Don't miss this year's March For Life at our State Capitol, Olympia, on Tuesday, January 18th, 2011! It is a peaceful way to take a stand for the value of life at every stage!
Did you know...
• Washington State spends more than $7 million a year aborting it’s youngest citizens.
• In Washington, a 14 year-old cannot go to an R rated movie, get a tattoo, go to a sun bed, or get hear ears pierced without her parent’s permission. However, she can get an abortion without her parent’s awareness.
• The abortion industry in Washington is attempting to pass legislation to severely restrict the ability of pro-life pregnancy resource centers to exist. This is despite the fact that pregnancy resource centers receive no tax dollars and provide more than $15 million in free services to their communities every year.
• Last year, Planned Parenthood received $363 million in revenue from government grants and contracts nationwide.
• Between 2008 and 2010, Planned Parenthood and NARAL's (National Abortion Rights Action League) political action committies spent $1,263,554 electing candidates in Washington state.
• The Governor’s budget proposes to eliminate General Assistance Unemployable, a program that provides funds for the mentally and physically handicapped, but includes funds for Take Charge that provides millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood through contraceptives purchased with tax dollars.
Last year we made a goal to bring down the largest group ever from our church. It was awesome that there were over 50 in our group and not only was that the largest group that ever participated from our church for the March for Life but also the largest group in history in Washington State. They're guessing between 7,000-8,000 people flooded the steps and spilled on the street and the grass! Awesome! Let's make it even bigger this year!! Consider it a field trip to the State Capital on Tuesday, January 18th! Take a stand and make your voice heard for LIFE! We will be taking vans down and leaving at 8am.
Proverbs 24:11-12 says, "Deliver those who are drawn toward death, And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, 'Surely we did not know this,' Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?" The march is at noon. Maybe your whole family can come down! Plan ahead for this important day to stand for life!
You will not want to miss the Gospel Benefit Concert And Hymn Sing at Atonement on November 7th at 6pm! Various groups and individuals will be sharing some classic Gospel pieces that will be sure to leave a song in your heart and a spring in your step! The concert will be a benefit for the 4ThisTime Girls Chorus as they prepare for a mission trip to Brazil in the Spring! Invite your friends, neighbors or others who would love to hear some great Gospel music and sing some favorite hymns! November 7th, 6pm!
This Wednesday, we have the incredible privilege of having a very special guest speaker at Atonement! Gracia Burnham (held hostage by guerillas for over a year, etc...see bio below!) will be sharing at an event that is open to the whole family and the whole community! 6:30pm at Atonement, Wednesday, October 6th! Don't miss it! Bring a friend!
Gracia Burnham and her husband were missionaries to the Philippines for 17 years before being kidnapped and taken hostage by militant Muslims. They were in captivity for over one year and endured extreme hardships including extreme hunger, mortal danger and 17 gun battles.
In an attempt by the Philippine army to rescue them, the Burnhams were caught in the middle of the gunfire. Gracia was shot in the leg and her husband, Martin, was killed.
Since her rescue and return to the United States, Gracia has shared her story before many audiences and TV programs. She is a sought-after speaker and the author of two books. She is the mother of three grown children and resides in Kansas.