Don't miss this year's March For Life at our State Capitol, Olympia, on Tuesday, January 18th, 2011! It is a peaceful way to take a stand for the value of life at every stage!
Did you know...
• Washington State spends more than $7 million a year aborting it’s youngest citizens.
• In Washington, a 14 year-old cannot go to an R rated movie, get a tattoo, go to a sun bed, or get hear ears pierced without her parent’s permission. However, she can get an abortion without her parent’s awareness.
• The abortion industry in Washington is attempting to pass legislation to severely restrict the ability of pro-life pregnancy resource centers to exist. This is despite the fact that pregnancy resource centers receive no tax dollars and provide more than $15 million in free services to their communities every year.
• Last year, Planned Parenthood received $363 million in revenue from government grants and contracts nationwide.
• Between 2008 and 2010, Planned Parenthood and NARAL's (National Abortion Rights Action League) political action committies spent $1,263,554 electing candidates in Washington state.
• The Governor’s budget proposes to eliminate General Assistance Unemployable, a program that provides funds for the mentally and physically handicapped, but includes funds for Take Charge that provides millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood through contraceptives purchased with tax dollars.
Last year we made a goal to bring down the largest group ever from our church. It was awesome that there were over 50 in our group and not only was that the largest group that ever participated from our church for the March for Life but also the largest group in history in Washington State. They're guessing between 7,000-8,000 people flooded the steps and spilled on the street and the grass! Awesome! Let's make it even bigger this year!! Consider it a field trip to the State Capital on Tuesday, January 18th! Take a stand and make your voice heard for LIFE! We will be taking vans down and leaving at 8am.
Proverbs 24:11-12 says, "Deliver those who are drawn toward death, And hold back those stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, 'Surely we did not know this,' Does not He who weighs the hearts consider it? He who keeps your soul, does He not know it? And will He not render to each man according to his deeds?" The march is at noon. Maybe your whole family can come down! Plan ahead for this important day to stand for life!
You will not want to miss the Gospel Benefit Concert And Hymn Sing at Atonement on November 7th at 6pm! Various groups and individuals will be sharing some classic Gospel pieces that will be sure to leave a song in your heart and a spring in your step! The concert will be a benefit for the 4ThisTime Girls Chorus as they prepare for a mission trip to Brazil in the Spring! Invite your friends, neighbors or others who would love to hear some great Gospel music and sing some favorite hymns! November 7th, 6pm!
This Wednesday, we have the incredible privilege of having a very special guest speaker at Atonement! Gracia Burnham (held hostage by guerillas for over a year, etc...see bio below!) will be sharing at an event that is open to the whole family and the whole community! 6:30pm at Atonement, Wednesday, October 6th! Don't miss it! Bring a friend!
Gracia Burnham and her husband were missionaries to the Philippines for 17 years before being kidnapped and taken hostage by militant Muslims. They were in captivity for over one year and endured extreme hardships including extreme hunger, mortal danger and 17 gun battles.
In an attempt by the Philippine army to rescue them, the Burnhams were caught in the middle of the gunfire. Gracia was shot in the leg and her husband, Martin, was killed.
Since her rescue and return to the United States, Gracia has shared her story before many audiences and TV programs. She is a sought-after speaker and the author of two books. She is the mother of three grown children and resides in Kansas.
Does God exist?
What about evolution?
Was Darwin right?
Do dating methods prove the earth is millions of years old?
Does any real scientist believe in creation?
What about dinosaurs?
Are you ready with answers? Don't miss the awesome opportunity to hear Dr Robert W. Carter at Atonement on September 26th at the 8:30am and 11am services and inbetween at 9:45am Sunday School!
Dr Carter was converted to Christ at an early age, but did not know what to do with the theory of evolution. He always knew what he wanted to believe, but had no way to express what he was thinking and no evidence to support his views. In his freshman year of college, he was exposed to the
Kids! You won't want to miss Vacation Bible School this summer at Atonement! It's a solid week of awesome stories from the Bible, as well as crafts, games, snacks, songs and more!
The week for VBS is July 19th-23rd! We get started everyday at 9:00am and wrap up at 11:30am!
This year's theme is going to be awesome and it's going to be fun to have the songs, games,